What’s new in QuickBooks 2013
Posted by tim at October 5th, 2012
Intuit released QuickBooks 2013 with some significant changes and improvements! They have also already released the R1 maintenance release, second one coming soon!
Contact us to get your copy of QuickBooks 2013 for up to 35% off the retail price!
- QuickReports from Centers retain the displayed filters (Customer, Vendor, and Employee)
- You can now add multiple notes on Employees, Vendors, and Customers. In earlier versions, you could only add a single note.
- That annoying Billable checkbox on a bill, check, or credit card transaction can now be unchecked by default. They added a setting to allow you to choose “checked” or “unchecked” by default! This will be a big time-saver!
- Assign default Class to Account. Now the class will prefill based on the account and not just based on previous transactions.
- Import transactions using a spreadsheet interface! (Potential huge time saver!)
- The new interface is kinda cool, but may take some getting used to.
- Add multiple contacts per Customer. (Great Feature!)
- There’s more…
QuickBooks 2013 Articles
Click the links below the read all about the changes in the latest version of QuickBooks (from QuickBooks & Beyond):
- QuickBooks 2013 Has Arrived! Here is What to Expect
- QuickBooks 2013 New User Interface
- QuickBooks 2013 Customer and Vendor Center Improvements
- QuickBooks 2013 Changes to Transaction Forms
- QuickBooks 2013 Barcode Support (QuickBooks Enterprise)
- QuickBooks 2013 Accountant Send General Journal Entries
- QuickBooks 2013 Batch Enter Transactions (QuickBooks Accountant)
- QuickBooks 2013 Bin Locations (Enterprise w/Advanced Inventory)
- QuickBooks 2013 Default Classes
- QuickBooks 2013 Inventory Improvements
- QuickBooks 2013 FIFO Improvements (Enterprise w/Advanced Inventory)
- Wrapping Up – Lots of Little Tidbits in QuickBooks 2013 (Billable Checkbox, Print Bills, Collapse Reports, Menu Changes, Windows 8 Compatibility, Multiple Contacts per Customer, and more…)
QuickBooks 2012 Updates
Intuit also made some important changes to QuickBooks 2012 with Release R10. To take advantage of the latest updates, make sure you are using the latest maintenance release for your version of QuickBooks. Click here to read about the latest QuickBooks Release.